Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy happy first day of school!

The blessed first day of school has arrived. My house is quiet (though not yet clean) and I keep finding myself watching the clock, waiting for 2:30. I am so anxious to hear how everyone's first day went! Allison is in 1st grade this year and it took her a while to understand that she would be going to school ALL day. Maggie is in 3rd grade and has a male teacher this year who she says is very funny. (she met him at last night's open house.) Jillian is already in 5th grade (that means middle school for her next year...eeek) and she has quite a few friends in her class. Her goal this year is to be more organized. Last year that was a big problem for her and she knows that in order to do well in middle school, she has to be organized. Here are my 4 younger girls on a wet and cold first day of school.



And, the child that I'm perhaps most anxious to see is Charlotte. She started middle school today and she was visibly nervous all morning. Casey took her to school, she met her locker partner, and then, she was on her own. I so hope that things go well!
(Charlotte, how can you be in middle school already?)

3 comments:

  1. That is just crazy. Charlotte is not allowed to be in middle school already!!! It is amazing how the older you get, the faster time seems to pass.

    Well, now that your girls are in school, does that mean you have time to spend with me? I would love to actually get to see you every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it all happens so darn fast! The girls are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte in middle school?! Eeek is right! When did this happen? Sammy started middle school this week too, and my mom said he was very scared for it. I think it might have something to do with his reading those Diary of a Wimpy Kid books--they paint a scarier picture of middle school life than is typical, I think. But anyway--your girls are beautiful! I hope their first day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete