Monday, September 13, 2010

Growing Pains

First week of school....done! It has been awesome having such a quiet house every day. Though I admit, sometimes, with just Lydia and me, it seems too quiet. For those of you with middle schoolers, do you ever get over the anxiety you feel as a parent when you send them off to school? On Friday, Charlotte came home in a foul mood. I knew something must be wrong because she usually is pretty chipper after school. I immediately thought that maybe someone teased her or she got a tardy or something. Turns out, she was having trouble with her locker and was embarrassed that everyone else could figure it out, except her. So, in between classes, she was panicked because sometimes, her locker partner wasn't there to help her. So, we bought a little bike lock that works just like her locker. She has been practicing all weekend. I hope today goes much better. The other thing that I'm struggling with is that suddenly, she doesn't want to be seen with me. When I offered to back to school on Friday and help her get her locker to open, she was mortified at the thought of it! This makes me sad but I guess it's all a part of growing up. (though it sure is painful for her parents.)
Here's last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment