Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dieting

The first day of school went great! The only complaint that I heard was from Allison who felt that school went just far too long. (She's a first grader and has never gone to school all day before.) I'm figuring out my morning routine a little better. Charlotte has to be at school by 7:55 a.m. so to get scripture study, morning chores, lunches packed and breakfast served, I've got to get up by 6:15. YUK! That's just way too early. So far the girls have been enthusiastic about doing their chores before school and doing scripture study. We'll see how long that lasts. :)

In other news, Casey and I have spent the last few weeks devoting ourselves to diet and exercise. We work out every night and eat healthy. Casey started swimming every morning also. (30 laps...I don't know how he does it.) Anyway, after 5 weeks, I've lost 6 lbs. Does that sound normal? It is coming off so SLOWLY! Casey has been at it for only 2 weeks and has lost 5. Why oh why do men loose weight so much faster? We've committed ourselves to loose 40 lbs each. That will get us back down to close to what we weighed before we started having children. Can we do it? I hope so! I find there's much more motivation when we do it together. I knew that Casey is motivated when he went to the store the other day and bought "veggie" chips instead of potato chips. Is this my husband????

I finally got enough money together to order last year's project 365 book. It's over 100 pages in length and I am anxious to get it and review all the memories of 2009. For now thought, here's last week of 2010.



2 comments:

  1. I know that Gregory had a little trouble adjusting to going to school full time last year too. But after the first month, he was just fine and having a great time. :)

    And congrats on you and Casey getting fit! It is easier when you're doing it together. Einar followed my (then) nutrition plan for a couple months and it was easier for me to stick to it when he was doing it too. But, the man can truly eat whatever he wants and still stay lean (especially with the Army forcing him to work out every morning!)... so he got bored. But, that's okay, I've got a new plan myself that's working just fine. LOL

    Yes, I think you guys can do it! And yes, men always lose the weight easier and quicker than women do. 1-2 pounds loss a week is considered healthy and sustainable for the long term (according to all the experts), so it sounds like you're doing great. It comes off slowly for me too. Sometimes I'll have weeks where there is just no change. But I keep plugging because what's the alternative? ;)

    Anyway! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO impressed that you get your girls to do chores and scripture study *before* school! That's incredible and awesome, not to mention that they're currently enthusiastic about it! You're amazing!
    So did you like the veggie chips? I tried those a few days ago, and was surprised by how tasty they were, but maybe that's just me =) That's awesome that you guys are working on getting fit. We've had that goal for a long time, and just need to get motivated. It sounds like you guys are doing awesomely!

    ReplyDelete