Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Distractions

While being slightly distracted with this:

This happens:
That's right...my kids were all working on some art projects at the table so I decided to sit down and read my book for a few minutes. After 20 minutes into my amazing, incredible book (you should all read it), the kids started screaming, "Mom, Lydia cut her hair!" I raced into the kitchen and discovered that she had cut herself a nice set of bangs...all the way back to her ears and had chopped off a big chunk of her lovely locks in the back. I couldn't be mad because she was so darn cute. Today we took her over to Grandma Walburger's house to get it fixed. Lesson learned...never sit down with a book until all my kids are in bed...who knows what could happen!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry but that is hilarious...I have the same problem. Reading and family neglect are one in the same for me. I get no reading done during the summer... yet another reason to be grateful for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that! LOL Too funny.

    And I just finished the entire Hunger Games trilogy. Very good! I heard they are making a film about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! That's really sad and funny all at once. She's adorable, and I' sure she'll be able to pull off the really short cut great!

    ReplyDelete