Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fairy tale family

Lots of updates to do today. First, many of you have asked for a picture of Lydia's new hair-do. (compliments of herself...and grandma walburger) It's a little pixie cut, which is all we could do with it. Her cousin Joel came over the other day and promptly announced that "Lydia looks like a BOY!"
Every night before sleeping, Lydia requires that I tell her a story about herself, "Princess Lydia." Of course, her "prince" is the only boy she really knows, and that's cousin Joel. So, it started out with stories of Princess Lydia getting rescued by her dashing Prince Joel. When that got boring, she started throwing in other characters. Her parents (of course) are king and queen. Jillian is the Wicked Witch. Maggie is the evil troll that lurks under the bridge. Allison is her fairy godmother. (she made all this stuff up). Not to leave the Booren's out of the picture, cousin Drew is her trusty horse and Sam is her baby brother. Uncle Jared is one of the witch's dragons (the mean one) while aunt Charlotte is the nice dragon. I can't remember little Charlotte's character..I'll have to ask her. Anyway, because I know that if I don't document this, I'll one day forget, this is what we do together every night....make up fairy tale stories where Prince Joel is always the hero.


Yesterday, Joel came over and when I went into the bedroom to check on them, here's where I found them...under the bed with their little heads just sticking out. Joel hates it when Lydia calls him "Prince Joel" because, he says, "We can't get married, we're cousins!" It's so fun to have cousins living just a few houses away!
In dieting news, we are having great success. I am creeping up on 8 lbs. and Casey has lost 10. The difference is that while I look pretty much the same, Casey is wasting away. He's gone down at least one pant size, maybe two. I'm rethinking this 40 lb thing...that may get him too skinny! Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive and remember that men lose weight MUCH faster than women do. They do, right?

3 comments:

  1. The stories sound so fun! What fun memories =)

    Wow, you are both doing awesomely with the diets! Yes, men totally lose weight faster! It's just one of those things...alas =) But you're doing great too! If you want to share your secrets to success, I'd love to hear =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories! So sweet. And congrats on the weight loss! You guys rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, those bedtime stories crack me up!!! How cute! Good job on the weight loss. It's hard work, I know. And yes, men do lose weight faster. You're doing great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete