Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Old Pictures that make me sad

You ever come across an old picture of one of your kids and it just makes you sad? In doing this picture project, I am scanning lots and lots of old baby and toddler pictures into my computer. They make me sad because they remind me that time is literally flying by. I came across this one of Maggie at age 2. I realized as I was putting this together that I hardly remember what maggie was like at this age. The only memories I really have are those that are on our video camera. I don't remember how her little voice sounded or how her baby skin felt. It makes me sad that our brains don't retain all that information a little better. They grow up so fast! 5 years from now, will I remember Maggie at age 8 (her current age?) As I look at Lydia in all of her 3 year old cuteness, I realize that in a few years, i will not remember what her little voice sounded like either. I'll only remember a small handful of the cute things that she daily entertains us with. I need to do more video taping and journalling. Let's hope that when we are all resurrected in perfected bodies, all of those little details that we have forgotten will be restored.


1 comment:

  1. SOOOO true! You're right, I need to do better at that too.

    ReplyDelete