Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recovered

Well, the cake trauma has passed and I am now able to look at my dog without feeling my blood boil. I even gave her a little affection yesterday (a very little). The sad thing is that she has forgotten what she did wrong and any further punishments (even giving her the cold shoulder) just devastates her. She so wants my love and attention and she doesn't understand why I am still glaring at her. It's interesting that had my children done something like this (One year, Maggie accidentally kicked her finished bday cake off of the counter...she was sitting on the counter which was against the rules), I can easily forgive. But, if it's my dog (who really is less accountable than my kids would be), I hold a grudge for days. Hopefully, forgiveness will start to happen and we can figure out what to do with this dog. The girls love her too much to get rid of her. Maggie later confided in me that her initial tears upon seeing her cake were not because of the cake but out of fear for what would happen to Sweet Pea.

Here's our last week:





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you're less angry with Sweet Pea. I'm still sorry that it happened.

    I can't wait to see what you do for your Halloween pages!

    ReplyDelete