Friday, January 22, 2010

Chili cook off!!









We just returned from our Ward Chili cook off and I'm proud to say that out of 14 entries, mine was the winner!! (I was actually kind of surprised!) I thought I'd share the recipe with you all... enjoy!


Andrea's Award Winning :) chili:

1 1/2 lbs. ground Beef
1/2 t. salt
1 can French Onion soup (Campbell's)
2 t. ground cumin
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. black pepper
2 t. cocoa powder
2 cans kidney beans (I use red beans)
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 (8 oz) can tomaot sauce
1 cup cola (Coke, Pepsi, or generic)

Brown groud beef in salt. Drain beef. Add everything else and cook in crock pot for 4-5 hours.


Well, that's it. Try it. It's not too sweet (despite the pepsi and cocoa powder) and it's really thick. Finally, I posted the comings and goings of our last week. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Andrea! This is Ann McDowell! I saw your post about a Ward Chili Cook off! I am Activities Chair and we thought that this would be fun. What other activities did you have?? email me mommyduck07@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I'm going to try it! I'm amazed that you actually had 'winners.' It seems like every time I've entered a cooking contest at church that they have an 'award' for everyone that enters and no real winner emerges. Kind of annoying, really. Anyway, your chili does sound good. Probably cuz it has Pepsi ;)

    By the way, I still want to know how you do your scrapbooking! I would love to try it...

    ReplyDelete