Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Moving!

Oh my goodness, we are so tired! (well, mostly Casey but I'm tired for him!) He has been frantically moving his entire business from one location in Springfield to another bigger location in Eugene. Thankfully, we have three big cargo vehicles so the move is made a bit easier but they have certainly gotten a work out this week! Load after load after load of inflatables, rentals and DJ gear has made its way over to the new office. After 8 years in this location, it's amazing how much stuff we can throw away. With new technology has come outdated cassette players, Cd players, books and books of Cds and even some dance lights that are now just too cheesy to send to an event. This move has given Casey a chance to "gut" his inventory and get rid of all of that stuff that is no longer in service. The hard part for him has been to load and unload while still trying to maintain his business. The phones are still ringing despite his inability to sit at the phone.


This Saturday, he and I spent the entire day loading up the front office and setting up the new one. (He set up a PA system for me so I could listen to conference while I worked.) While he cleaned and organized the massive warehouse, I got to work on the "showroom." It's really just the front lobby but it's the first place people see so we needed to make it look professional.


This is a small portion of the front lobby but I had a blast setting up the "Fall" table. I even figured out how to set up the photobooth all by myself!!! Needless to say, we will be glad when this move is over...phones are transferred, internet is set up and Casey can just sit at his desk, answer phones and write up contracts! Hopefully soon....we shall see!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It will be so nice for you guys to be in a bigger place. Congratulations! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the bigger place! I'm sure moving was a pain, but at least it's done! XD I hope the business continues to grow for you guys!

    ReplyDelete