Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a-maze-ing weekend!

We really did have a great weekend! First of all, we got the Booren boys for 4 days. I know that that sounds like more of a burden than a blessing but we just LOVE having them live with us! They are so much fun and everyone gets along so great! We took them to the school carnival, we sat in the hot tub at night, we played video games, had Maggie's birthday dinner and went to church together. I was honestly sad when their parents got back from Idaho Sunday night and picked them up.

Second, my debut as the sacrament meeting pianist went great! I ended up just playing the piano, not the organ but I still felt so good about it! It was fun to sit up on the stand the whole time and I had practiced those songs so many times, that I didn't make a single mistake! Wahoo! Next time I'm asked to do it, it should be even easier! (and maybe I'll brave the organ).

Lastly, for Family night last night we went to the corn maze at Lone Pine Farms. We went out there right after school because they close at 5:00. It was a blast! The maze out there is immense and they have fun clues along the way that help you not get too lost!



On the weekends, they have a "Fright Night" where the maze is haunted. Thankfully, we didn't go when it was haunted.


At Lone Pine, they have lots of picture cut-outs for posing. This was our favorite!



It's Maggie's 10th birthday today and she thought that this was quite a treat!


I'll post more about Maggie's birthday tomorrow, but for now, here's week 42!




1 comment: