Saturday, July 30, 2011

My brother is married!!!


We had the best week in Utah! My brother got married in the Salt Lake temple last Thursday. He is 30 and has been waiting patiently for the right girl to come along. Kailee is 10 years younger than he is, but they are perfect for each other. The ceremony was performed by my amazing 94 year old Grandpa Richards. He has been able to seal 29 of his granchildren (including Casey and me) in various temples around the country. It was so nice to listen to him speak and reflect back on our temple sealing 14 years ago. This is a picture of Grandpa and Grandma Richards, Todd and Kailee.





Afterwards, we spent a very HOT hour outside the temple (with 10 other brides) taking pictures. Salt Lake has to be the most popular temple for weddings. It was sooooo CRAZY inside...and out. This picture is of the Millar six. My how we've grown and changed over the years! We have added so many new members to the Millar family with spouses and children. It's hard for me to remember a time when it was just the six of us.



That evening we decorated my parents' ridiculously beautiful yard for the reception in Heber. They served a full meal of Malibu chicken, beans, potatoes, rolls, salad and lots of desserts. Mom is so amazing. She can pull anything off!




We got to Utah a few days early and my job was the napkin folding. Aren't they cute? (Mom taught me how to do it...otherwise, I would have no idea.)



Allison and Lydia were enamoured with the whole thing. They kept calling the bride "Princess Kailee." To make them feel a part of it, Grandma let Allison and Lydia carry the gifts to the gift table. Allison took her job ver seriously.





Finally, my mom had asked that my girls surprise Todd and Kailee with a special song. So, as I always do with all things musical, I turned to Casey's sister, Charlotte. She turned a very simple song, "The Sweetheart Tree" into a beautiful arrangement with parts. She came over a week before we left and worked the parts out with the girls. It turned out so great! It won't upload for some reason so for now, I'll just post a picture of them singing. Hopefully I can get the video up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Congratulations to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun wedding! The reception looks beautiful! Ben's brother, Josh is serving in Heber...I wonder if he know's your parents!

    ReplyDelete