Tuesday, July 12, 2011

swimming in the ocean

Trips to the Oregon coast always mean keeping a super close eye on how deep my kids go into the water. There are some serious undertows on the Oregon beach and we have known some people who have gotten into trouble and even died out there. So, when we went to the California beach, it took me a while to be comfortable watching my little kids go REALLY far out into the surf. I was paranoid that some rogue wave was going to take them out to sea. But, the beach in California is so much safer than Oregon. My kids LOVED body surfing and wading chest deep in the warm water. I eventually relaxed a bit and went "wave jumping" with them. For most of the girls, beach time was the highlight of the trip!



Casey and Charlotte were crazy out there! Casey taught the big kids how to ride a wave from it's beginning, all the way to the shore. Their poor bodies were pretty hammered by the end of the day.



Here is my Maggie on the beach at night. We took a walk on Sunday night on the beach (trying to keep the Sabbath Day as holy as possible despite being on vacation)

Finally, here is wekk 26. I am a week behind so hopefully, I'll have week 27 up soon :)









No comments:

Post a Comment