Sunday, December 12, 2010

Recital

Hey everyone! The girls had their semi annual singing recital yesterday. Their aunt charlotte is their teacher and ordinarily, it's a small enough group to have the recital in her living room. Aunt Charlotte is so good that she now has nine students! We used the Relief Society room at the church and it was packed! The girls did excellent! We were so proud of them. !






Here's our girls with their amazing aunt!

here's the video. Ignore the horrible children that drove me NUTS through Maggie and Jillian's performance. By the time Charlotte's turn came up, uncle Jared had removed child number 5 from the room.



On the weight loss front, Casey wore his suit that he got MARRIED in to church today...with room to spare! UNBELIEVABLE! As for me I finally hit 19 lbs today. Only one more to go and I hit the magic 20. Not that 20 is where I'm stopping but to me, it means that I can really do this! 20 is a big number for me. I haven't been able to drop 20 lbs since before children so I'm thrilled. I went to a party the other day and everyone was congratulating Casey on his astounding weight loss. One of my dear friends, (Lindsay) who knew that I was also losing weight came up to me and said, "I want you to know that you are looking really good too. Everyone notices Casey but you are doing awesome!" (Or something like that) I was so thankful. Casey's new look is so darn dramatic. I sometimes get discouraged because I've been working so hard and no one has really noticed my 19 lb. loss. I think there's a few reasons for that. First, I had ALOT more to lose than Casey. Second, his seemed almost instant while mine has been a long, hard slog. My ultimate goal is to get to reunion season and have family notice BOTH of our weight loss, not just Casey's. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon over Casey's new look. I am bursting with pride for what he's accomplished. I just sometimes wish that women could loose weight like men can!


2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth I am really proud of your weight loss. I know as a mom I am lucky to get 3 meals in a day let alone healthy meals. Often times moms get the back burner when it comes to putting themselves first.

    Secondly during the performance I noticed that your little one was having fun being jolly and Casey wasn't available and I got the distinct impression that you probably have a lot of times as a bishop's wife when you have to take all 5 girls with you to something with out him. Will you please let me serve you the next time something comes up and you need someone to watch one or more girls. We have got so many things around here to keep them occupied and I bet most times we won't have a conflict with your activities. Please call or if you don't I will keep asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls did FANTASTIC!! (I especially like Jillian's song. :) ) Wow, they are really growing up, and singing so beautifully. Are you planning on having Allison and Lydia take lessons too when they are older? Such wonderful gifts your family has.

    And 19 pounds? That's AWESOME!! You are on a roll. Men always lose weight faster. It seems like all they have to do is think about losing weight and they drop several pounds. LOL Congratulations. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete