Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oregon

My kids were complaining the other day about why we live in a state where it doesn't snow. I grew up in a place where it snowed ALOT in the winter time (Spokane) and I have to say, I don't miss it. Sure, it would be nice to have a white Christmas just once. It would be nice to have a snow day that lasts a little longer than noon before it all melts. But, I do not miss the icy driving conditions or shoveling driveways.

I was doing some scrapbooking catching up and just happened to complete 3 Oregon layouts. They reminded me of all the reasons that I love living here.

1. the Beach! The best place on the planet as far as I'm concerned!



2. Fall in Oregon. It is so darned gorgeous and it lasts for a REALLY long time. Utah's fall is so quick...blink and you miss it. I love the varying colors that take 3 months to turn at different times. (and we love the Portland zoo)




3. This is where my husband grew up. I love doing things with my children that he grew up doing. (Even if they're quite lame...just read below. Do any of you have the same relationship with Enchanted Forest that I do?)





So, next time my kids ask if we can move to a "snowy" place, I'll remind them about how blessed they are to live in this great state. (Even if it's really rainy and really liberal :)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree about the beach and fall! I love Oregon! I used to wish it snowed more there, but now that I've been in Utah for about 6 years, all I think about it how to get *away* from the snow! ;)

    Love, Lanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting what you love about Oregon. It made me homesick and grateful that I grew up there. The fall is pretty nice here, too, but it gets cold too soon! We have so much snow that there's no place to put it! I don't know what it is about The Enchanted Forest. It was magical when I was a child, too. There isn't anything like it in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete