Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Stuffer (and house pics)

After 3 months of losing weight, swimming, running and working out, Casey got himself conditioned enough to run the "turkey Stuffer" through the streets of Thurston this morning. It's a 5K run/walk. He ran the whole way and we are SOOO proud of him! Next year, the whole family has set a goal to run it! There were almost 2,000 people running in the race. It was an amazing sight to see this massive crowd of runners race down Thurston road. We could barely pick out Casey as he ran by the first time. This picture was taken just before he crossed the finish line. He's hardly breathing heavy :) Afterwards, Lively Park Swim center let all of the families of the runners swim for free!





The kids and I made our 2nd annual turkey dinner cake. My kids don't like pie so they enjoy this cake every year. Allison made the peas, Maggie made the cups and plates.
Finally I put some pictures up of our house with new floors.


the hallway...this part took Casey the longest.


the living room. We got rid of some furniture so the room looks bigger.


The family room. My dog follows me everywhere I go so it was hard to keep her out of the pics. That's her tail on the bottom left. :)
The pros to new floors: I can see every spill, accident (mostly by my 3 year old) and dirt mark. The house feels more clean, fresh and light.
the cons: The dust! Holy cow...I didn't realize how much dirt goes into a vacuum (and stays in the carpet) I've got to dust mop these things twice a day...especially under couches. The noise is quite a bit more obvious also. Carpet provides quite a bit of sound insulation.

2 comments:

  1. Go Casey! You guys are doing so awesome. The house looks fantastic, btw. :) And yes, lots and lots of dirt and dust with hardwood floors! But they sure look pretty, and in my opinion are easier to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Casey you look awesome. What a Christmas gift to yourself. Ken has wanted to do that run for a long time. Love the house as well. This is a great way to feel like you have a new house.

    ReplyDelete