Monday, November 15, 2010

My Memory

In order to lay down these floors, we of course had to clean out closets. When i cleaned out my coat closet, I opened an old file cabinet that had been stored there for many years. Inside, I discovered all of my old tests and notes from the last 2 years of my college career as a Microbiologist. I thought that maybe I'd quiz myself and see how much I could remember. I was HORRIFIED to discover that I've gotten dumb! I looked over one of my Hematology finals (taken back in 1996) and I barely understood one word of it. Back then, I was getting A's on most of these exams! Now....I can't even remember what the words mean. Isn't that sad? Is it all still up there in my brain? Someday, when I am resurrected, will all that knowledge that I spent 5 years cramming into my head be restored? What was it all for if, 14 years later, I've forgotten everything? I guess if I hadn't pursued the Major that I did, I would never have received a job offer from Sacred Heart Medical center in Eugene, Oregon. (A city I had never been to by the way...) Had I not received that job offer, then I would have never met Casey, we would have never been married and the beautiful family that I have would not be here. So, if I look at it that way, those 5 years of stress and cramming were more than worth it....even if I can't remember a darn thing anymore.

you've seen most of these pics but here's my weekly recap anyway:



1 comment:

  1. I love your story. It makes me feel better that you don't remember much--I don't feel so bad about not finishing school! That didn't sound very nice, did it? I'm sure you'll remember whatever you need to when you need it. Being with Casey and having the girls is the important part. :)

    ReplyDelete