Friday, November 12, 2010

Randomness

One room is finished!!! It took 3 days (working a few hours a day) to get it done but here is the finished product (without furniture). We repainted the baseboards and they are as good as new. We were worried that we would have to replace them but fortunately, a little paint did the trick. Last night Casey and I worked until 11:00 tearing out the family room carpet (it was disgusting), carpet tacks, staples and baseboards. We were soooo tired at the end of the night. We hadn't eaten anything since lunch so at 11:00, we wolfed down a salad. (Healthy, I know).


Didn't Casey do a nice job? Really, I am impressed.


Before he went to meetings on Wednesday, I made him take this side picture. (He looks thrilled doesn't he?) These clothes are one size below what he usually wears. He's gone from weighing 212 to 178!! I can hardly believe it. As for me...I've been stuck bouncing between 15 and 16 lbs. lost for about 2 weeks now. I'm trying not to get frustrated. Slow, slow going but I know it will come off...it may just take me a year to do it! (Notice the fine layer of dust covering the blinds. My house is COVERED with dust! No sense cleaning it until we're done though.)
Finally, we had a little weekend getaway to Seaside, Oregon for a Oregon Student Counsel Conference. Casey had a booth at it and he invited us to share his hotel room. So, while he worked, we played! Here are a few pics.


Ice Cream at "the BUZZ"...a must see ice cream and candy shop on the main strip of Seaside. If only Grandpa Millar was with us this time...he loves ice cream!




Nothing on the planet is more gorgeous to me than the Oregon coast. Seriously...nothing. I LOVE to be out here....and so do the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Bishop, you look GREAT! Keep up the good work, you guys! I love the picture of the girls at the coast. They're growing up too fast! I keep forgetting to call you and see if you have a leaf punch that I can borrow. I'll try and remember to call you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete