Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Video games

Am I a bad mom for letting my kids play video games? I know some moms that don't let their kids play any video games at all. I never played them when I was a kid...(of course, the newest and hottest games were PacMan for the Atari back then) but my kids love them! I try and limit how much they can play but there are times when I'm trying to get a lot of things done that I just tell them to go play the computer. Yesterday, we bought the new Lego harry Potter game and it is so much fun. In fact, Casey and I spent two hours last night playing it. Our other favorite game is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. You create your own roller coaster theme park. I could play that game for hours and hours if I could. To sum up, even though I do let them play some computer and video games a day, they are also required to play outside for a few hours, do their chores, read a book, or play with their toys. With five kids crammed into a relatively small space, sometimes video games save my sanity, especially in the summertime.




The best game ever made for the PC... Roller coaster tycoon 3. (19.95 at Target or Walmart...that's cheap entertainment!)


Here's our activities from last week:



2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you. I let my kids play video games, but they have to work and play outside, too. I love reading about what you're family is up to. Your girls are adorable and I'm so glad we can keep up like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hot here right now, that while I can throw my kids outside in the morning, we are all cooped up in the afternoons. I totally let the kids play the Wii! (We haven't hooked up the desktop computer yet). I believe in moderation. There are only so many trips to the library, park (when it's not sweltering bad enough to cause heat stroke), etc. I can stand to do by myself with 6 kids each week. So yeah, if it means that I can get some work done around the house for a couple of uninterupted hours, I might just let them play. ;) But with the caveat that their rooms have to be clean as well as their personal stuff picked up and put away around the house.

    ReplyDelete