Tuesday, June 1, 2010

LDS Blog Train and thoughts on Utah

Hello all my digi scrapbooking friends. I wanted to point you to a great blog train for gathering LDS freebies. They just started a blogtrain called "Of Noble Birthright." If you don't know what a blog train is, just click on the link below. It will take you to Bethany Harty's blog where she has some LDS word art available to download for free. Then, she gives you the next link in the train. At that link, you can get more freebies. There are almost 20 in total so if you go through the whole train, you get a TON of LDS freebies. Here's the link:

http://elegantwordart2.blogspot.com
I made the following two pages with some of the stuff I scored today! This was for Charlotte's State Report on Utah. I have such an interesting relationship with Utah. I tell myself that I would NEVER want to live there for many reasons (too crowded, yucky air, not enough green, too much snow, to name a few). However, once I get there, I feel like in a way, I've come home. (even though I've only called Utah "home" for 5 years of college.) I think it's because the history of the state is the history of the religion that is such a part of my life. The history of the Mormon Trek into Utah is my family's history. So many of my ancestors crossed the plains with the Mormon pioneers on both sides....mine, and the Westovers. So, even though the Pacific Northwest is my first love..I have a soft spot for Utah and I was thrilled to help Charlotte come to appreciate it's history.



Finally, here's last weeks happenings!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Thank you for the link. I love the layouts you've made with the stuff. I am also so impressed with your 365 projects. Your girls are going to love being able to see their family chronicles in this way (I bet they already do!!)

    ReplyDelete