Wednesday, June 23, 2010

successful Saturday and honoring fathers

I wanted to thank everyone for all the prayers and happy "no rain" vibes sent our way last Saturday. The Lord truly blessed us with amazing weather. It was about 60 degrees, slightly overcast but possitively delightful weather. The kids had a terrific time at our Mega activity. We had about 160 kids and 40 leaders in attendance. More on that later.

I just wanted to express my appreciation to two wonderful fathers in my life. First, my own dad whom I adore. I am so lucky to have him as my father. He is so giving and kind. My children adore him...and his sense of humor. What I admire most about my dad though is his devotion to the Gospel. I love listening to him give talks and lessons in church because he's so good at it and his love for the Gospel just pours out of him. He has never waivered in his dedication to the Lord and that example has stuck with me all my life. Thanks dad!

Secondly, I am so thankful for the father of my own kids...my best friend and husband, Casey. We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on Father's day so the day was extra special. I couldn't have married a more wonderful person! I had to wait a long time to find him, and I had to move to a whole other state, but I am so glad that the Lord led me to Eugene, Oregon...where I met Casey. We met the first Sunday I went to church and after our first date, I knew he was why the Lord had put me in this strange, unfamiliar town. Now, 13 years later, we have five beautiful girls, a home and a business. He's the Bishop of our Ward and he is just as devoted to the Gospel as my own father is. How thankful I am for the wonderful men in my life.

Here are all the details (more than you need to know, I'm sure) of our Father's day celebration for Casey.




Finally, in no particular order, here are some pics from the Primary activity. It was a great time...but an exhausting one. We came home so totally tired.


The biggest hit of the day was the Sno cone machine. Thanks to the Farley's for running the sno cone stand for 3 1/2 hours...and no doubt suffering from very cold hands.



Casey is known to the primary kids as "Bishop cool." He is so generous with his inflatables and other work related toys. We wouldn't be able to do activities like this without him.



This is the "adrenaline rush." It's a giant obstacle course with slides and climbing walls. The kids enjoyed racing each other.




A frienly game of tug o war.



Jillian and her cousin Mary Jane went down the giant slide over and over and over again.

Below is a picture of the fishing booth set up by Melissa Johnson. Inside the gym we set up a big carnival with booths such as face painting, fishing, bowling and a cookie walk. Casey also set up his photobooth and the kids had a great time taking pictures of themselves with their friends.
After the activity was over, we went right to a baptism and then, Casey treated us to dinner and a movie. Needless to say, by the end of the night, the kids were falling all over themselves with exhaustion! Thanks to everyone that helped make Saturday such a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment