Wednesday, September 30, 2009

God is in the details

Ever wonder what that quote means? To me it means that despite His glorious, all-powerful, great-ness, He is still my Father and He cares deeply about even the little details in my life. Because He cares about such details, as I look back on everything that has happened to me in my life, I see God everywhere. I had another little moment happen today that re-inforces my belief that God is in the details. Casey was doing some repairs up at Shot Gun Creek park, about 30 minutes away, deep in the mountains. (See previous post for the wonderful story of how his employee took out a park toll booth with the business truck, hence, the repair job that Casey was doing today.) All morning I felt prompted to go up there and see how he was doing. Knowing that I didn't have a ton of time before I picked Allison up from school, I loaded Lydia up in the car and drove the 30 minutes into the mountains. When I got there, I applauded Casey's good work on the toll booth and took Lydia and the dog for a little walk. When I decided it was time to go, I went back to where Casey was working and discovered that the battery had died on his van. Keep in mind that we were far, far away from any civilization and, since the season was over, the park was deserted. Furthermore, Casey's cell phone had no signal that far out. Now, had I not been there to give him a jump, Casey would still be wandering around the mountain, trying to find someone to help him start his car...and I would be home, panicking, not knowing where in the world he was. Does it sound like a little thing? Perhaps. Does it prove to me that my Heavenly Father cares about even the smallest things in my life? Definately. Heavenly Father does give me trials (note the $650 repair job on the truck and the toll booth) but when we respond to those trials in a Christ-like way (which was terribly hard to do a few Saturdays ago when the accident happened), I believe He compensates us in little ways. The key is to recognize those details. Though I don't always recognize His hand in my life, today, I was able to.







Here's a scrapbook page that I made this weekend of our little monster. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. That was a very good post and I'm glad you were there for Casey! That would have been awful to be stranded up there. I try to remember to notice the details and God's hand in them. Those around me may not think so but if I didn't, my outlook and attitude would be even WORSE! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete