Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another try at a marshmallow fondant cake

Well, my kitchen floor is covered in a layer of sugar...but the cake is done! I made the marshmallow fondant the night before and today, I assembled the cake. (the fondant freezes really well if you make too much and want to use it for another cake down the road.) It took me about 90 minutes or so to finish the whole thing. I am learning new things with every cake. Freezing your cake, and then frosting it and covering it while frozen is MUCH easier! Also, if you rub the surface of the fondant with another piece of fondant, it buffs away the powdered sugar that might remain from rolling it out and makes it somewhat shiny. Anyway, I was happy with the way it turned out. (Though as I look at these pictures, I see a lot of mistakes)...so don't look too close :)







6 comments:

  1. This cake is adorable. Don't be so hard on yourself, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! Great job Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is WAY CUTE! You're so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a domestic Goddess, Andrea! That cake is fantastic! Move over, Martha Stewart, Andrea has arrived! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I need fondant lessons or something because I did not enjoy making the fondant at all. When I tried to roll it out it kept sticking to the counter and then it would tear. Regardless your looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired my to try again. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete