Thursday, September 10, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!

Summer is over!!! I am so happy. I was feeling a little guilty about being so excited for school to start again...what kind of mother wants her kids to be gone all day? Thankfully, two days before school started, my kids were absolutely rotten. They were fighting, complaining, wandering around the house with nothing to do and yet, refusing to do anything that I suggested. By the time Sept 9 rolled around, I was happy to let them go. Structure is good after three months of playtime. Anyway, before the first day of school, we had some fun things happen. First and foremost, we have a new baby cousin. We were so excited to meet Samuel Joseph Booren. He is such a cute baby...almost too cute! My girls are now pestering me to have another baby. sigh....


Here is Maggie holding baby Samuel.

The night before school started, Casey gave all five girls a father's blessing. Even Lydia insisted on taking part. She climbed right up on that chair, folded her arms, bowed her head and was silent throughout the whole blessing.
The big day arrived and the girls were very enthusiastic about getting up early, making their beds, getting dressed and reading scriptures. I LOVE routine! Here they are, getting ready to cross the street into school.
And finally, all five girls stopped for a picture outside the school.
(notice that Lydia is carrying a lunchbox...she wanted to be like her big sisters and carry her "ba-pack" to school)







No comments:

Post a Comment