Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Looking back

This week, Casey and I have been working on a special slide show that we are going to show at this year's Westover/Wartena reunion in August. We are going to visit Casey's 94 year old Grandma Bea who is in a nursing home. To make the slideshow extra special, we have kind of made it a tribute to this great lady. We have been rummaging through boxes of photos and photo albums looking for pictures of Grandma Bea, Grandpa Loren and the Westover family through the years. I have been reading the history of Casey's grandpa, Loren. I must say, it has been fascinating to read how different his life was from ours. For some reason, depression-era histories are so interesting to me. There was so much hardship, and yet, so much joy. Anyway, the girls have LOVED looking at old pictures of the Westover "seven" as Grandma Walburger calls them. They love the seventies outfits, the seventies hair and most of all, they love looking at pictures of their crazy dad at their age.










the "Westover seven" --(Missing Andie for some reason) Bryce, Niel, Maria, Charlotte, Casey, Jeremy and Grandma Walburger.






Here is the Westover seven sometime in the eighties or early nineties...I'm not sure.




We have a lot of work to do on this project but it is coming together. I have new love and respect for Grandma Bea. What a great lady!




I also posted my new week of project 365. It's been an interesting one to say the least...










3 comments:

  1. Holy Blast from the Past! Those pics are great! What a wonderful thing you are doing for Bea and for the whole family... great job Super Andrea~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see the Westovers back in the day! :-) Love your pages too!! I think I'm sending my husband off to you tonight. LOL He thought I was joking when I told him you had 80 hours of work for him -- but after his talk with Casey yesterday, he knows I wasn't. LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the embarrassing pictures! Oh well, we all have a past, don't we? I am pretty happy with mine. The picture with all of the siblings was in April or May of 1992. I was pregnant with Amber! I don't look near old enough to be having a baby!

    The water game looks fun. I can just see all of the cousins enjoying that this summer! Can't wait!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete