Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Week Down!!

Well, I've made it four days with the kids home from school for the summer. My house is a little messier, my cupboards are a little emptier and my stress level is just a touch higher. In just the last four days we have, done sidewalk chalk, gone to the park, decorated cakes, played with Play-doh, picked strawberries and done a 750 piece puzzle. Not to mention the computer games, pictures colored and chores done. I'm tired already and we've got 3 months to go!! It has been nice to not have to adhere to a schedule though. We did start a new program in our house. As a family, we came up with both chores and fun things to put into a jar we called the "I'm bored" jar. Whenever one of the kids says, "Mom, I'm bored," or, "I don't know what to do," they have committed to pull something out of the jar. It could be a chore (which they hate) or something fun like riding their bike. Either way, they MUST do whatever they pull out. It has been funny because some of my kids will get halfway through complaining about being bored and then will stop themselves, and go find something to do. No one wants to risk pulling a chore!
I posted my next project 365 week below. Click on them and get the details of the girls' last days of school!

1 comment:

  1. We have a show called Studio 5 in Utah, and I just watched an episode that talked about the I'm Bored jar. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete