Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer's going fast

Is it really August already? Despite my continual complaining about five kids crammed into our ever-shrinking house all summer long, the fact that there's only a month left amazes me! Next week is our Westover/Wartena reunion. Aunt Maria and cousin Marissa are already here. Today we went out as a family and bought some disco clothes for the kids. We are having a roller skating party on the final night of the reunion so the kids wanted to be prepared! Below is another week of my project 365. Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. I saw your cucumbers and I had to send you my favorite recipe.

    2 large cucumbers (1 of yours:)
    1 red onion
    4 T sugar
    1/2 c water
    5 T white vinegar
    1/2 t salt

    Dissolve sugar in warm water on stove. Add vinegar and salt. Pour over veggies and store in the fridge.

    It lasts about 3 days. I love these on sandwiches, salads, or just on fresh bread with a little cream cheese and these slices on top. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete