Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summer highlights

Well, school is starting in about a week and I have been scrapbooking our summer highlights. I thought I'd share some of them with you. All in all, it's been a great summer...maybe a little better than past summers. The kids have been good, we've kept pretty busy and I'm not quite tearing my hair out. Yes, I'll be glad when they're back in school, but I have fond memories of having them home for these last three months.
(These are in no particular order)


#1 Highlight: Our trip to the Oquirrh Mountain temple in Utah. The girls were thrilled that they could go into an actual temple for a tour. We went with my parents and my amazing brother, Todd. (Who Lydia is very attached to as you can see.)




#2 Highlight: The fourth of July Celebration in Heber, UT. This was one of the busiest days! We went to a parade in Provo, waterslides in Grandpa's backyard in the afternoon, followed by a BBQ, fishing, a firepit and finally, fireworks. Wow!



Highlight #3: Swim lessons! We did two sessions of swimming lessons this summer. Charlotte officially graduated...the other kids learned a lot and are getting better.



Highlight #4: Fishing with my Uncle Gary. I love this guy! He's always been my favorite uncle and while in Utah, he took my girls fishing. They loved him as much as I do!




Highlight #5: Our trip to Fall Creek Reservoir with the Youth. My kids still talk about this night as one of the best of the summer. I have committed to taking them back there before summer ends but I'm not sure we are going to make it. Next summer perhaps.



Highlight #6: Our Millar Family reunion in Seaside, Oregon. On this day, we went to Fort Stevens near Astoria. It was so fun and I'd recommend it...best of all, it's free!



Highlight #7: Grandma calls each reunion "cousins camp" and she makes shirts for all the cousins. Jillian has worn her shirt at least twice a week since the reunion. She loves it!

Highlight #8: Of course, Westoverpalooza! But, I've gone on enough about this reunion, as you all know. Did I mention it was great?
Anyway, in a nutshell, that was our summer. It was truly fun and exciting and I honestly think I'll miss it. Hope you've all had a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment