Sunday, August 16, 2009

Westoverpalooza 2009


I'm experiencing a giant sense of let-down this weekend. We have been planning and preparing for this summer's reunion for almost 2 years now and within a few days, it's all over. I'm really missing our family! The girls are missing their cousins. It was such a wonderful week of fun and love and I want to do it all over again! The theme for our reunion was "WestoverPalooza." (it was a "hippie"/Disco theme...Perfect for a reunion held in Eugene Oregon don't you think?) The first day of the week was held at Island park as the kids played on all of Casey's giant inflatables. After that, we gathered in the Booren's backyard for a catered meal by Hole IN The Wall BBQ. It was so wonderful! After dinner, we watched a backyard movie. The next day was spent at the beach. The third day was spent with our Grandma Bea who is 97 years old. Casey spent hours and hours putting together a beautiful slideshow about her life. We sang songs and cried. Afterwards, we went to Skateworld, dressed in our finest disco/hippie duds. (we rented the whole place out for the reunion.) We spent two hours skating and playing. On our last day, we took the youth (11 of them) to the temple to do Baptisms for the dead as a family. It was so wonderful to have so many Westovers in the temple together! We sure love our family!


The cousins, in height order from Spencer to Lydia. (Charlotte was missing as she was in the bathroom!)
We gave all the kids bandanas ...they wore them all week!


Casey (in his lovely 70's tie) and his sister Andie (dressed in a stunning unitard) eat some pizza while taking a break from the roller skating rink.





Jillian is all hippie!



The "magnificent seven," as their mom calls them, pose for a picture after doing a session of baptisms in the Portland temple. (Charlotte, Jeremy, Maria, Bryce, Casey, Andie, and Niel)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing reunion... the Westover's know how to Partee~~~ So awesome to have EVERYONE together, eh.
    Welcome home...now school is just around the corner ~ (yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooo impressed. And envious. I don't have a single cousin. Or an aunt. Or an uncle. Are you sniffing for me yet? ;) Yeah, my parents are both only children (and I have only one brother) so reunions are a bit different for us! (A bunch of really old people--2nd cousins and removed and all that jazz). Anyway, I didn't write to tell you my life history. Joyce and Rawlin came back from the get-together at Grandma Bea's and they were very impressed. Joyce said it was one of the most spiritual things she'd been to in a long time. Rawlin agreed. I heard about Charlotte(?) setting Grandma's poetry to music (and saw the songbook--wow!) and also about the slideshow that Casey created. I wished I could have been there (and I'm not even a Westover)! So, good job! It does stink that it has to end--especially after so much hard work and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun family reunion! I dig the disco theme. I'll bet you're exausted, though. At least you have a couple weeks to rest up before school starts. See you tonight! :o)

    ReplyDelete