Monday, May 4, 2009

Filling My Bucket

After a 12 year absence, I was privileged to return to BYU campus for this year's Women's Conference. Charlotte B. and I were able to fly out on Wednesday where we picked up Maria and drove down to Provo. I was delighted to go to my Mom and Dad's house in Heber to see my brother and his five kids. Later in the evening, my cousin Kim (who I haven't seen for 16 years) and my Aunt Deon arrived. What a reunion!

The next two days were spent attending uplifting classes all over campus. The subjects included, "strengthening our marriage," "the power of fasting," and "weak things shall be made strong." Everyone kept referring to this weekend as a time for women to "refill their buckets." I thought that was an interesting phrase until I got away from my daily routine and started "filling" my bucket. I didn't realize that it was so empty. As a mom of five, I spend my day meeting everyone else's needs. I rarely take time to improve my spiritual life. This weekend was such a blessing! The conclusion of the conference was a special treat as Elder L. Tom Perry spoke to us. What an uplift! I am so grateful to Casey for watching all five girls on his own all week. He is such a great husband!



My sisters in law (we had just returned from a massive service project and stopped to take a picture by the tulips...we were facing the sun so everyone was squinting.) ....Charlotte, Christy, and Maria!


The day after I got home, we celebrated Jillian's ninth birthday! I can't believe she is already nine! I had to scramble to decorate her "fish" cake after church on Sunday and wrap her presents. She was very excited to get a scooter, a Cat's cradle book (from her aunt Charlotte) and a few games for the Wii.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! I'm so excited I found your blog :)

    Jillian is 9?!? She and all of your girls are absolutely beautiful. And the cake is so cute! I'm glad you got to go to women's conference and see your family. It sounds like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful you got to go to Women's Conference. It sounds like it was fantastic!

    And happy belated birthday to Jillian!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're a blogger too!!! YAY! What a fun week at women's conference. I'd love to go to that someday. I look up to you so much. You're an amazing woman, and it shows through your kids and your friendly personality. Thanks for all you do. Melissa

    ReplyDelete