Friday, August 5, 2011

give me some light!

We are painting our house over the next few days. Casey is doing it himself and saving us a ton of money. The only downside is that it is taking much longer. We spent the whole day today in darkness as all of the windows are covered in dark paper...in preparation for a whole day of painting tomorrow. I was amazed at how not having light in the house (other than artificial light) can affect one's mood. I found myself grumpy and irritated all day. When I realized what was causing it, I quickly took the kids out into the sunshine to the park. Everyone's mood improved. I hope this project goes quickly!!!

Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying Oregon's non-summer? We haven't had a day hit 90 all summer. Today's high was 78 degrees. I wish that somehow all those suffering in the midwest...and just about everywhere else in the country could come to Oregon and enjoy our summer that forgot to be summer.

Finally, I finished a few more Millar reunion pages.



w

2 comments:

  1. CUTE pages, as always! You're so talented! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming! I can't wait for a cool Oregon summer! After a week in Nauvoo in 113 degree weather, I am so ready for it! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete