Friday, August 26, 2011

family, family and more family!

August has been the month of family! Last week we had Aunt Maria and cousins Emilie, Jared, Marissa, Aaron and David here. We filled the week with lots of great activities. We had a few days break when they left and this Monday, Aunt Katie and her kids arrived to spend a week with us! Our house is brimming with girls! We have spent this week at the pool, taking a bikeride and just letting the cousins play together. They all get along so well! We now have just one more week before school starts so my focus is to clean my house and prepare for school.



that's alot of pink!!

In other news, I started taking lessons on the organ. I figured that playing the organ should be a piece of cake after learning the piano but I was wrong. Figuring out the fingering (which is different from the piano) and coordinating my feet to hit the right pedals has proven to be a challenge. I have set a goal to learn one song really well ("Father in heaven, we do believe") and then once I've gotten that one down, I'll move onto another song. Needless to say, it is going to be a while before I am ready to play in sacrament meeting.

I'm a little behind, but here is week 33.















No comments:

Post a Comment