Friday, June 3, 2011

week 21

I'm in a funk right now. We've had a really, really tough week. One of our dear friends died last week and this week was his funeral. It was a tough one because he took his own life. Casey had to speak at the funeral and agonized over what he should say. He did such a GREAT job on his talk. As I watched him give it I marvelled at how he has changed over the last five years as Bishop. We have been on an emotional roller coaster this week for other reasons as well. I'll fill you all in on that at a later date. I hate feeling grief. I don't function well when I'm sad. I'm so grateful for prayer. :) Here's our last week...





3 comments:

  1. :( I'm sending you virtual hugs and lots of prayers. I understand what you're going through A little more than a year ago, the father of the children I used to watch took his own life, while his wife (one of my close friends) was expecting their sixth child.

    This article from Elder Russell M. Ballard gave me a lot of peace, and helped me with the turmoil I felt over the situation:

    http://lds.org/liahona/1988/03/suicide-some-things-we-know-and-some-we-do-not?lang=eng

    I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sorry Andrea. I hope his family is ok and supported at this time. If they are in your ward, I'm sure they are. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're going through tough times. It is amazing how you can see the growth and progress one makes having gone through challenges such a this. That's the beauty of hind-sight. Today Dan is at a funeral. A co-worker's 2 year old drowned in a river over the holiday weekend. So much pain, and so grateful for prayer!

    PS I love that Jillian is playing the violin! Audrey's been playing for several years too. It doesn't seem like we left Oregon so long ago but MIDDLE SCHOOL...cRaZy!

    ReplyDelete