Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer chaos!

Well, summer has begun and my house is now in a constant state of chaos! I usually keep my house relatively clean throughout the year...except during summer. I have given up cleaning during the day...things just get messed up again! We're lucky to make our beds every morning! The girls are enjoying their free time though. We started swimming lessons this week and they have spent most of their time out in the brilliant weather. The highest we've seen so far is 79 and breezy! I love Oregon summers :)

First and foremost, Casey and I celebrated our 14th anniversary on Monday. Jared Booren gave us a great gift by using some of his Marriott reward points on a swanky hotel room for us. Grandma Walburger took all of the kids...booren boys, kertamus boys and my girls to her house for a sleep over. They hardly missed us as they roasted marshmallows, ate pizza and played badminton all night. So, we went to dinner, swam in the pool, went shopping and just had a leisurely, quiet night together. It was great!!



On Saturday, we had our 5th annual Primary Mega activity. The last 4 years, we have avoided the rain but this year, it came down. We went ahead as planned though and the 70 kids that showed up didn't care a bit! They bounced and slid and climbed on Casey's toys to their hearts' content! They were a soggy, grasssy mess when it was all over but no one seemed to mind!


Lydia tackles the slide on the obstacle course


cousin Joel tries to stay dry!



Charlotte and her cousin Joseph helped out by running the obstacle course for us. She was sooo wet and cold after 4- 20 minute rotations in the rain!



Finally, here is my project 365 for our last week! Hope everyone is doing well!






2 comments:

  1. The Primary activity was so much fun! Thank you for inviting us! Happy Anniversary, you guys. Sounds like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad we weren't able to coordinate our trip with Andie! I want us to all be together again this summer! Happy anniversary and congratulations to Casey on an honorable release. I know he will be great in his new position!

    ReplyDelete