Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweet is the peace the gospel brings

I just returned from one of the most spiritual funerals I have ever attended. Little Gracie Lyn Fine only lived for nine short days on this Earth but she touched so many of us today. I hate funerals but they are made just a little easier with the knowledge that the restored gospel brings. This family is so strong and so devoted to seeing little Gracie again that they are inspirations to us all. Casey was up until 1:00 a.m. last night trying to wrestle with what he was going to say in his talk. This funeral was the hardest one he's had to do. But, after all was said and done, he came home saying what an uplifting day it had been, despite the loss. I'm also grateful for our Ward family. It's so neat to see every member rally around those that are suffering. I love the gospel and am so grateful for the Atonement and the promise that our families will be restored in the next life.

I'm a week behind, but here you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment