Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dog Woes

So, we have this great dog...she's a Labradoodle named Sweet Pea. She doesnt stink, doesn't shed and is GREAT with kids! We really love her to death but this weekend, I've reached my limit! Before heading off to the kids' school carnival, I had baked an 8X8 cake, cooled it off, wrapped it in plastic wrap and set it up on my rather high counter. You guessed it, when we came home, 3/4ths of the cake was gone! The plastic wrap was there but the cake had disappeared. The dog was the only culprit! She must have put her front paws on the counter and eaten as much as she could reach. I feed this dog twice a day...she's not starving! Then, today, I discovered that she had shredded one of Jillian's bears and she started to shred my throw rug in my family room. She also snatched Lydia's lunch right off of her plate! What am I to do? It's been so rainy lately that I haven't been able to get her outside to run. Perhaps she's bored??? I had to scold the poor thing three times today and most of the time she looks at me like "what did I do?" Dog ownership...such a joy! Any advice would be welcome!
finally...I finished a few more pages..


2 comments:

  1. Come and bring her for a puppy play date with my kiddos. My kids love dogs and promise to wear her down. Plus I get the joy of hearing my kids play with a dog, which they beg me to get, but then you get to take her home and I don't have to worry about the other responsibilities. You could start a rent a dog business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your dog troubles...but at least you love him right? I am still amazed at all your scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete