Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thank you!

Thanks so much for all of you prayers and thoughts! The neurologist gave us some good news today. Turns out, Lydia is most likely suffering from migraines. I have to watch her diet, give her specific vitamins and keep a headache journal. We go back in 3 months to double check. He almost recommended an MRI but because she tested out so well physically, he opted to just let me moniter her for the next few months. Perhaps he saw the look of horror on my face when he told me they would have to sedate her to do the test. The funny thing was that he didn't even think brain tumor (unlike her primary physician). He said in the 23 years he has been in practice, he's only seen one brain tumor in a child with headaches! So, the Westover home breathes a sigh of relief tonight! Thanks again for your support and prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so relieved!!! What kind of diet is she on? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy! Very happy. I'm sorry that she has the headaches, but I'm glad that it's not indicative of something serious! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so young to have migraines. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what triggers them.

    ReplyDelete