Monday, February 14, 2011

Growing up

When my kids were little, I looked to their teenage years with such dread. I didn't want to see them grow up...I wanted them to stay little forever. Now that I have a teenager in the house, I'm feeling different about it. I can honestly say that I am thoroughly enjoying watching Charlotte change, grow and do new things. Last weekend we had a 12 year old boy stay with us overnight (along with his sisters.) It was so fun to watch Charlotte and Blake flirt with each other. Of course, it was all innocent and sweet but I couldn't help but smile. (Casey is taking a much longer time accepting that Charlotte is growing up.) Every time that I look at Charlotte, she seems to have changed. She is almost as tall as me...(she's already passed her Aunt Charlotte in height), she takes more time with her clothes and hair...and she is fun to talk to on a more adult level. So, despite my early misgivings about teenagers, I am so happy that (so far), I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Isn't she just gorgeous....seriously... isn't she??


I found some time to scrapbook Allison's birthday page. I am really glad that the birthday madness is over. Three birthdays in 3 weeks is a little crazy! But, Allison had a great time and felt very loved!



3 comments:

  1. Charlotte DOES look beautiful. My goodness, I can't believe she and Jenna are TEENAGERS! I love the penguin cake you made for Allison. SOOOO cute! How does fondant taste? I've never used it before. Your cake always look so cute. I'll have to try it. Can you email me the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous. And it's so nice to hear someone talk positive about teenagers. I look forward to the adult conversations and "hanging" out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see Charlotte at church I am amazed at how much she has grown up. And, indeed, she is BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete