Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday adventures

We celebrated two birthdays this week. Mine was last Friday and Allison's was on Sunday. I so love sharing a birthday with Allison. Casey took us both out to dinner on Friday night and tonight (Monday) we had a little family party. Grandma Walburger volunteered to make my birthday cake this year. She said I shouldn't be required to make my own cake. She presented me with the most adorable creation:


It's my family...done in cupcakes. I am the queen bee at the top of the cake (my dress is made of melted tootsie rolls). The girls loved figuring out which cupcake represented each of them.


Here is Charlotte with her cupcake. Allison and I blew out our candles and she opened some presents. (Casey had already given me a few presents on Friday). Allison's cake was a little one. She wanted a flamingo cake so this is what I created. Everyone was so excited about the cake Grandma made that we didn't even bother cutting into Allison's cake. She says that she wants to eat the whole thing herself. We'll see....


In other news, I've been asked to play the piano for Primary on a semi-permanent basis. We lost our Primary chorister and our pianist was called to be the new chorister so I was asked to play until another piano player moves into the ward or becomes available. Though it makes me very nervous and a little stressed to do double duty on Sundays (I'm also the first counselor in Primary), it is forcing me to really buckle down and practice. We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment