Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Listen to those promptings!

Well, Casey and I learned a very hard lesson yesterday. We've been hearing these commercials for "Carbonite"; the online back up of your computer data company. Almost every day, I have received a prompting to remind Casey to back up all of his business stuff with an on line company..just in case. He has also received similar promptings, but ignored them. Yesterday, his entire business database crashed. Everything is gone...his clients, his upcoming bookings, brochures...everything. Now he has to pay another company a hefty sum to try and resurrect his database. In the meantime, we are frantically re-entering all of our contracts that we have hard copies of. A challenge and expense that could have easily been avoided. Next time you receive a prompting to do something, do it right away...there's usually a good reason!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry! That stinks! Thanks for the reminder. I hope you get it all back quickly and cheaply!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so sorry. I wish I knew more about computers so I could help you. We'll pray that you'll be able to get as much back and as quickly as possible. It's a good lesson learned, though, eh? Maybe next time it will be something even bigger and you will look back and be grateful for this experience. Good luck. I hope it all goes well for you. You guys are such good people I know it will work out OK.

    ReplyDelete