Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter is such a great time to be a kid! Saturday night we colored our Easter eggs. The girls got four each and let me tell you, there were some interesting color schemes. Lydia's just came out brown as she dipped her eggs in every color she could find. Casey loves the egg part because it means egg salad sandwiches for the next week! The next morning, we had a little Easter egg hunt around the house and Casey left for Bishopric meeting. The girls got into their Easter duds and we left for Sacrament meeting. I immediately knew that all that candy in the morning was a bad thing. Lydia made it past the opening prayer and started wailing. (the kind that you can't resolve by just giving her a book or a snack). So, I left and listened to most of the Easter message in the Mother's room. When I returned to the chapel, it looked like a cracker and crayon bomb had gone off. With no one to supervise, my older kids had emptied the church bag and they were frantically trying to shove it all back in. Sigh...when will sacrament meeting get easier? Perhaps when Casey is not Bishop anymore and can sit with me at church! Despite the stresses of keeping kids happy through sacrament, the messages about the Savior were wonderful and the choir (which included Casey, Charlotte and Jillian) did a great arrangement of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." We concluded our day with dinner at the Booren's.


3 comments:

  1. We too realized that Easter candy before Church is not a great idea. We subbed in primary a few years ago on Easter Sunday, and it was a nightmare! Of all the callings in the Church, Primary teachers should be the most blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I cannot believe how big your girls are. I don't think I have even met Lydia. I still remember when you were pregnant with Charlotte! Man I miss Young Women's, we had a lot of fun didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't let the little ones have candy before church for that very reason! LOL The girls look beautiful in their dresses! :-) I can't believe how big Lydia is now. Hopefully someday I'll get a car that will make it up there to visit with you guys. I miss ya!!

    OH -- I wanted to add, that one of the singers on American Idol last night sang "The Rose". I instantly thought of when you and I were roommates and that song was our inspiration!

    ReplyDelete