Thursday, November 8, 2012

A great trip and post election thoughts

Phew, it's been a while!  We just returned (a few days before election day) from a long anticipated and much saved for trip to Florida.  We have been dreaming of and saving for this trip for years and we decided that now was the time.  Before we left though, we celebrated Maggie's 11th birthday.  She asked for a hot tub cake and I think it turned out really cute.  We are so happy to have Maggie in our family.


The big secret of this trip was that for months we had been telling the kids that we were going to California for a visit with "cousins" and perhaps a few days at Disneyland.  They were totally geared up for that and even accepting of the strange layover in Houston.  (Why would we be having a layover in Texas if we're going to Californa, Mom?)  At 5:30 on the morning of our departure, in a little corner of the airport, we revealed to them our real plans.  They were so excited and overwhelmed.  Charlotte burst into happy tears.  I will go into detail in future posts about our trip, but for now, I am posting my project 365 for the week before and the first week of our Florida adventure.

I also wanted to mention the election that was held this week.  I am deeply disappointed by the outcome and the wicked, wicked state of our nation.  I am amazed that things like legalizing marijuana and assisted suicide passed easily in some states.  I have this overwhelming feeling that the Lord is coming sooner than we think.  I was proud to pull the lever for Mitt Romney.  I was sure that he would be an honest and virtuous president.  But, like all things in life, the Lord often has different plans.  I know that half of our country was fasting and praying for a different outcome.  I am sure the Lord was so sad that he couldn't grant His faithful with what they were collectively asking for.  But, we know the ultimate outcome and we know that if we live righteous lives and do what He asks, He will help us.  I fear that dark and terrifying times are coming for our nation.  I have recommitted myself to be good and to be worthy of His help and love because I think we are going to need it.  Despite the deep sadness I feel, I am also filled with hope and faith and those feelings overcome all.







No comments:

Post a Comment