Monday, June 11, 2012

Letting go

Do you have a hard time letting your kids go places on their own for extended periods of time?  I have always had a hard time with this.  I worry terribly about their safety....certain that no one else can keep them as safe as I can.  This last week has been a good exercise for me.  First, Jillian left us for 3 days of outdoor school.  She was up at a camp where cell phones didn't work so for the first time in her life, I didn't talk to her in 3 whole days!  They were LONG days and I constantly wondered how she was doing.  Thankfully, she returned happy and whole and not the slightest bit homesick.

















Next, I had to say goodbye to Allison for 2 days.  She was invited to visit The Great Wolf Lodge in Washington with our best friends.  We had a family prayer before she left and I struggled like I did with Jillian...though it was easier because we got constant texts and pictures.  I am slowly learning to have faith that my children will indeed, be okay without me (for short periods of time).  I know it's going to get worse though as they get older and more involved with school and church activities.  Uggh, letting go is hard!

Allison and her friend stopped at the temple on they way to Washington.



















Here is week 23



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I bet it is so hard to let your kids go places like that. I haven't had that experience yet... and I'm so not looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete