Thursday, November 24, 2011

2011 Turkey Stuffer

I am sitting here waiting for rolls to finish cooking and so I thought I'd spend a minute updating my blog. This morning we had a great experience running/walking in the Turkey Stuffer through the streets of Thurston. It starts at the wave pool, goes for 3 miles and ends again at the wave pool. There were 1500 people running it this year! Here is a picture of us before the race started:


Casey of course was our runner. He finished in 20 something minutes. Charlotte and Jillian ran and walked while the little girls and I walked.


The little girls did pretty well. We did have to take a shortcut because Lydia started crying halfway through. She was SO cold! The best part was running by Grandma Walburger's house. She and Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristen and their kids had made signs for us and and were cheering us on! It was AWESOME! It gave the little girls a boost of energy.


As we were finishing our race, Uncle Jared (who had finished 20 minutes ahead of us and was walking home) stopped, grabbed the stroller and ran the rest of the crew in for the finish. The girls LOVED it! What a great way to start thanksgiving day!

2 comments:

  1. How awesome! Next year I want to do something. I missed the local "Turkey Trot."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so many people running. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete