Thursday, September 22, 2011

big projects

Hey everyone! We have so much to report this week! First off, I started another new project (this one I don't intend to finish for several years but thought it would be fun to start now.) As I've watched several of my good friends send their children off to college (and even marriage) I started wondering how prepared my girls will be when it is their turn. Charlotte is only 5 years away after all. So, I started to compile our family's most favorite recipes and over the next few years, I am going to create a cookbook for each of them to take with them when they leave home. Each recipe will have a picture and some fun memory or advice about the dish. Once it's finished, I'll get it printed and spiral bound. So, for now, I'm working on including our favorites...and remembering to take a picture or two when we sit down to dinner. The next step is to start teaching my older girls how to actually cook!




I have only done one page with 2 recipes...two recipes that every single member of our family devours. The funny thing is, both of these recipes come from my mom. I have a feeling there will be lots of Grandma Millar recipes in this book!


Secondly, the deck is ALMOST finished!! Casey just has to build one more set of steps and do the finish work on the stairs. Hopefully by Saturday, it should be done! Isn't it huge? We love it and I am amazed at how solid it is. It doesn't creek or groan when you walk on it. Since it is made of plastic, we will never have to refinish it or replace rotted boards. The far corner of the deck is where the hot tub will eventually go. It will be my little oasis :) Casey swears he will never ever take on another project like this one. We saved so much money by him doing all the work though, it was totally worth it!



Finally, we are MOVING! No, not our house...we'll probably be here until we die..but our office. We found an amazing office space in Eugene that is 5X the size of our current office and costs about the same as we are paying now. It even has a conference room! Casey is so excited about it. We start moving our business over on October 1st. To make things look more professional, he designed these new vertical banners that he will display in the new showroom and at bridal shows and trade shows. (of which he has 3 next month.) He got them in the mail last night and we had so much fun setting them up.


Anyway, October will be a crazy month for sure! Wish us luck!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I love the recipe book idea. You always do such neat things!

    The deck looks gorgeous. And the banners for the business are so amazing. I'm so happy that your business continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete